whats with my toadstool mushroom

horwichda

i have a toadstool mushroom thats about 8 inches across, the polyps are fully out buy the 4th hour of light but in the morning there is only a ring of polyps around the outside, it's very healthy and under a T5 fixture, with one 10,000 k and one atinic, and 2 moon lights, the light cycle is 8 on full with atinic and sun, and the rest off with moon lights on. please someone help me this is so weird to me???

vivioo7

if by morning you mean when the lights are off thats normal, my toadstool closes completly when it has no light

nano reefer

yeah no lights means no tentacle/polyps things. except for mine. mine is dumb and stays open about 2 hours after lights out, and 1 hour before lights go on.

do they do well under PC lighting? I recently purchased one about 3
" across and it only has tentacles in some of the top. my light cycle is 1hour actinic, then full 10k and actinic for 7hours, and 1hour just actinic on the end.

I have two Koralia pumps (1)#2 & (1)#3 roughly 1400 gph combined, not directed at it, it get indirect current. Too much?

nycbob

Originally Posted by frog/lionman
http:///forum/post/2696905
do they do well under PC lighting? I recently purchased one about 3
" across and it only has tentacles in some of the top. my light cycle is 1hour actinic, then full 10k and actinic for 7hours, and 1hour just actinic on the end.
leathers will do fine under pc also.