WHats YOUR dream tank

D

daniel411

Woo hoo, about to order my dream tank in a few months! 8' long, 4' deep, and 2' tall

D

daniel411

Originally posted by ReefNut
My realistic ;) dream tank is a 240g 96"x 24"x 24".

I agree with you on that. Than I seen it was just a "little" bit more money for it to be twice as deep.... ;)

reefnut

4' deep would be cool...480g?... but you will need more lighting, more LR, larger skimmer, more circulation, more...more...more. It will be nice though:) .

birdy

I will be building my dream tank in a couple years, it will be around 200gal, it will be an inwall in my basement with a large fishroom behind it. The fish room will have a floor drain, sinks, cabinets a work station, Places to harvest brine shrimp and phytoplankton. I want as much stuff automated as possible.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by ReefNut
4' deep would be cool...480g?... but you will need more lighting, more LR, larger skimmer, more circulation, more...more...more. It will be nice though:) .

Thats why its deffinately NOT going to be a reef! Aggressive only, until the day I can afford and have the time to turn it into a reef. Probally never, but who knows, right? :)

fishkiller

Mine is called the Atlantic Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico (Around Cozumel), or maybe the Great Barrier Reef. That would make a nice dream tank. Just build your house on the water over a nice reef w/ a glass bottom. Sounds difficult, but I bet it's possible!:D

leboeuf

killer has the best idea.....no maintenance at all, reef and aggressive in one.
second dream, build a small swimming pool design with two thick windows attached to the house for viewing. One day, one day!

fishkiller

dvskin- One lfs in Atlanta has one like that set up. VERY nice place. Only, the one they have is hexagon, not round. They also sell kits for them. I think they have a 600 gallon and a 1300 gallon one that they sell. I asked what the dollar amount of everything in the system (including tank) was, and they said somewhere in the area of $140,000. Kinda hard to swallow, but man, you should see it!:eek: Oh and DvSkin- You might wanna add an auto algae-scraper, an auto feeder, an auto chemical doser, an auto dead fish picker-upper, an auto self-cleaning skimmer, an auto skimmer cup-cleaner outter, THAT would be the works! Or the not works, cuz you wouldn't have to do any work.:D

G

goose

My dream tank is one that I don't have to fart with..........
No cleaning.
No messing with the levels.
No worrying about what is killing my marine life.
no feeding.
did I see no cleaning yet?
one that is free and doens't cost me a second

[hr]
NO CLEANING.
and BIG!!!:D

S

starfishjackedme

When i get into a house i know i will stay in for at least 5+ years, then an in-wall 120x36x36 would be my goal. My 200 will sufice for now though.

cyslyde

I agree with goose. or any free fully equipped and stocked tank that comes my way :)
the 2370 gal at the zoo would be nice though.... (bigger than my apt it is too) :( :( :(
course I'd just be happy to find the space to set up my 120gal in my apt... that would make me a very happy swf hobbyist

i agree with all of you. i really would like to get one of those room divider in-wall tanks, they would be so cool, i mean that would be the ultimate, being albe to see it from both sides of the wall and it being a reef would be sweet too.but the best is if it was like 1 and a half foot tall and if it went inhe parimeter of a living room wall man i would love to see peoples expressions when they walk in!:eek: :)