whats your fav tank buddy? FW or SW

beattyr

I'm fairly new to SW and Reefs, but I have had a few FW tanks running for about 3-4 years now. Reading one of the other posts here caused me to wonder what everyone else felt their fav buddy in the tank was?
For me, its the Red Spotted Severum (I know hes not a high ph fish) thats in my 90g African Cichlid tank. He's such a goof. Hes about a year old and is about 5" long and brilliant orange. He is always at the top when feeding and is so tame, he lets me pet him... My wife calls him a "lap fish" cause if he could sit in my lap he would.
In the newly set up reef, I like the cleaner. He's hiliarous to watch run around and catch pieces of flake like a baseball player going back for a popup in the outfield.
Rob
90g FW Af Cichlids
37g SW Reef (just starting)
20h FW Community tank

jacksonpt

So far my favorite fish that I've ever owned were my red belly piranhas. Amazing to watch the way they interact with each other.

nacl-h2o

In FW would have to be the oscar, he can be hand feed. In SW/reef I like the cleaner shrimp, they will let you handfeed them and they'll give your hand and arm a good cleaning.

carrie1429

My favorite sw fish are my two false percula clowns. (can't pick just one) They have such a funny personality they eat out of my fingers and try to eat stuff off of my hands whenever I am moving stuff around in my tank.

My favorite in the tank is not a fish. It is my green brittle star. I purchased him from a place called Luv-A-Pet about 5 yrs ago. He was so small at the time. Now he can reach the top of my 55 gallon tank. At feedeing time, he is all over the tank.
I have heard bad things about these creatures, like they knock rocks over, and eat the other fish, etc. He can't knock the rocks over, I have large rocks. He found out early not to touch my bubble corals, and all the fish I have are a bit too quick for him. He can be hand fed without getting your whole hand in the tank as he can reach to the top, and knows where I will feed him.
For an animal with just a simple nervous system and no central brain, he is surprisingly smart.

striker

For freshwater I'd have to go with red belly pirhanna's and oscars. Great fish but messy eaters. For saltwater I'm going with the majority. My cleaner shrimp is always jumping up for a treat until my damsel gets mad and bites him. It's funny though now I even have my pepermint shrimp coming out of hiding to eat out of my hand.

musipilot

FW oscars, SW its my flounder. This fish never read how flounders are supposed to behave, so he stays out on top of the sand 75% of the time. He also LOVES to be fed individually, I put some krill or clam on the end of a wooden skewer and wave it in front of him and he grabs it. He won't eat anything off the sand bed. He also hangs out on the glass like a snail quite a bit, and comes to the top of the tank when I come over. Very human responsive fish, which I never expected.

crew

Hello all. Well for FW i'd have to say my Tangyanika cichlids are my favorite such as my Frontosa and my Compressiceps.They are beautifull and have interesting personalities.The seven stripe Frontosa is about six inches easy and pretty well runs the tank but he never bothers my shell dwellers which is amazing for the size difference. My shell dwellers are only 1 to 2 inches. For SW I'd say my six-line wrasse and my banggai cardinal are tied, both are quite fun to watch and the six line seems to like showing off. This is truly an amazing hobby. :)

pancho

For me it would be the arrowanna for the freshwater tank and for sw has to be my stone fish and true alligater fish they don't move much but r quite the conversation peice when they do.