what's your favorite song?

hattrick58

I'm doing some, er, research on music and I need some help. Please list your favorite song(s) and the artist(s). I prefer rock, but almost any genre will qualify. Not too keen on hip-hop, rap and I have been known to listen to a country song or two. Please don't tell anyone - my reputation is at stake.

purity

that's tough cause song's can get played out pretty quick. i guess my fav would be stairway to heaven.

blackomne

1) Rob Zombie
More human than the human.
2) Disturbed
Stupified
3) Deftones
Change
4) G Tom MAc
Cry Little Sister
5) Blur
Song Two
6) Prodigy
Voodoo People
7) Marilyn Manson
The Beautiful People

jared

Cradle of Fitlh-Her Ghost in the Fog
Metallica-Ride the Lightening, Four Horsemen, One
Slayer-God Hates us All, Bloodline
Shadows Fall-Destroyer of Senses
Archenemy-Leader of the Rats, We Will Rise
Mudvayne-Dig
Not too keen on hip-hop, rap
Ditto

scotts

I know this is not what you are looking for but Imagine by John Lennon is the perfect song. Powerful message and the simplicity of just him on the piano and a drum in the background. Perfection.
Favorite song is hard to say since my musical tates run from Bach to Metallica. All depends on the mood I am in.
But yes I too can skip the hip hop and rap stuff.
Scott

flydan

Hey,
"Radar Love" by Golden Earing. (I'm an Air Traffic Controller and sit a radar scope.) It's still a great song though. I dare anybody to crank that one up in the car and try and drive slow!
Dan'l

Originally posted by Reef_Magic
TOXIC......

[hr]

[hr]
:D :cheer: :joy:

Don't you mean TOXICITY.......System of a Down:happy:
:happy:

D

daniel411

Originally posted by hattrick58
Oh yeah! Thanks for the inputs. It's exactly what I was hoping for.

Just curious, mind telling us why you're doing this research?

D

daniel411

Originally posted by hattrick58
I've been looking for variety and I hit the proverbial brick wall. Where else to ask but the SWF message board?

LOL, isn't this board wonderful!

fishman830

One, ...And justice for all, Hero of the day, Fade to Black - Metallica
Purple Haze, Castles made of Sand-Jimi Hendrix
Megolomaniac- Incubus

nm reef

My list of personal favorites is long and extensive....currently I'd have to pick
George Harrisons "While My Guitar Gentle Weeps"
Heard it the other day and it reminded me of the loss of both George and John...since hearing it I can't get it out of my head.
Favorite all time sentimental song...because it always reminds me of my high school flame...is Neil Youngs "Heart of Gold"...everytime I hear it I'm reminded of her.
Recently watched a video of the concert in central park that Dave Mathews did...his rendition of "Cortez'Cortez" was killer...moved that old classic up on the favorites list right quick!
But my all time favorite number one song....the Beatles "Let it Be"...simple...classic...spur of the moment...and straight to the point!
...and I also don't tolerate (C) rap very well...no musical merit and very offensive in general.

bradttu

Anything by Linkin Park - especially Numb......I liked this song LAST summer before it was on the radio and MTV.
Cold - Suffocate
Anything by Tantric
Actually, there's too many to list.

R

royalshrimp

Originally posted by Fishman830

Megolomaniac- Incubus

yeah!!! another incubus fan here:jumping:
but my favorite songs are...
the great dissapointment- by AFI
sober- by TOOL
and leech- by incubus

skirrby

as far as whats being played on the radio right now.. id have to say
shinedown-45
simple plan-perfect
and i just heard a song by hobastank today that i really liked called-the reason