When can I consider tank used for QT free of ich

lmforbis

I have two tangs in QT right now. The first one had ich when I got him in April. Copper didn't work so I switched to hypo after 3 weeks of copper. I added the second fish to the QT after the first one had been free of spots for about a week and restarted the treatment clock. When Igot the second tang in QT I decided the 20 gallon was too small and moved both tangs into a new 40b. I am coming up on 4 weeks hypo and will be slowly raising the salinity for a couple weeks. When I move these two into the DT can I consider the QT to be ich free or do I have to continue with a decontamination or fallow period before I add something else?
My ultimate plan is to add 3 to 5 blue reef chromis for QT then when they graduate convert the tank to a clown fish anemone tank this fall.

jay0705

Couple options. Your qt the fish to kill ick. So once the treatment time is over the tank and fish should be ick free. 2 if u wana be super safe leave it fishless for 6 wks.
That said , hypo should have killed all ick in your tank if done correctly. So you should be fine for the chromis

lmforbis

That's what I was hoping. I'll probably put the chromis through hypo to be safe. I put a lot of time getting my powder brown healthy so I don't want an asymptomatic chromis to make it through observation only QT and carry something into the tank.