When did Montery Bay get a white?

reeferdude

I was just surfing and I ran across The Monterey Bay Aquarium’s
inhabitant list . Did you know that they have a white shark, an oceanic white tip and broad nose 7 gill? If they really have what they say they have I am getting the next flight to Monterey Bay!!!!!!!

I have heard that great whites are next to impossible to keep in captivity. They just seem to go crazy. If they have one, I think I'll meet you there. :cool:

jim27

I dont think they acutally have a great white, the inhabitants list also has a blue whale on it which I know they dont have. No aquarim has been able to keep great whites alive. They do have an oceanic white tip in there million+ gallon "outer bay" exhibit. They also do have sevengills too.

fishy88

my friend that i work with a hub sea world said Monterey Bay is the only aquarium that may be able to keep a white. i know sea world had one a long time ago but it died.

jim27

Yeah thats what the Monterey Bay Aquarium site says is a probable cause of them dieing in captivity.

stacyt

I was there just a couple of weeks ago. I never did see a great white, however I did see the white tip.