When Huskies Explode

monsinour

I know you gotta tilt your head a little, but man. And this doesnt show the fur that was in the tub or what came out during the prebrushing. I believe this is all just from the drying process.

flower

I get more than that when I vacuum the living room. German Shepherds have two layers of hair, and I have two of them.
That is one beautiful animal, I always loved huskies. That looks like cotton balls..LOL

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/385239/when-huskies-explode#post_3377712
I get more than that when I vacuum the living room. German Shepherds have two layers of hair, and I have two of them.
That is one beautiful animal, I always loved huskies. That looks like cotton balls..LOL
If you are getting more than that hair when you vacuum, you need to get your dogs groomed. Huskies blow fur more than sheppards. Both animals are dual coated. huskies just blow more fur. I have bathed and dryed both and I dread doing huskies. LOL, I guess that is why I dont do the grooming anymore.

al mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsinour http:///forum/thread/385239/when-huskies-explode#post_3377680
I know you gotta tilt your head a little, but man. And this doesnt show the fur that was in the tub or what came out during the prebrushing. I believe this is all just from the drying process.

You should post one of those matted shave downs that look like you skinned the pet. Love to have our groomer give those back to owner's in a plastic bag. :)

1snapple

That is crazy, I don't know what has more fur, the carpet or the dog

I love huskies, I either want a husky/ wolf mix, husky mut, or a sheep dog.

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Mc http:///forum/thread/385239/when-huskies-explode#post_3377750
You should post one of those matted shave downs that look like you skinned the pet. Love to have our groomer give those back to owner's in a plastic bag. :)
Speaking of skinning a cat:

It is Spook, our long hair cat. He was the brother to tigger, the striped short hair we had. Every spring we try to give him his lion cut. Last year he was too skinny and sick to get the cut. My wife does this because she knows i love it. Spook has been in my lap constantly since he got the cut. I'll try to get a better picture of him.

mantisman51

My brother-in-law had a samoyed/husky mix and it shed like that every spring. It literally had sheets of that fine fur come off in large "carpets". That poor guy never had a piece of clothing that wasn't covered in fur. Great pic!

1guydude

my pug sheds year round,if he didnt he would prob be the best dog we've had! Some of those bigger dogs are beautiful, i just dont prefer big dogs...theymake me nervious im not gonna lie.

1snapple

No offence, i can't stand ankle biters, they do no good. Huskys pull, sheep dogs herd sheep, ankle biters yelp and annoy.
It could just be me........

monsinour

ankle biters do suck. But pugs are not ankle biters by any means. they have the big dog mentality. they do not act like a chihuahua in any way. Well, my pug doesnt.

1guydude

No the big ones are the ankle bitters lol, except they tear ur &^%$ up!!!! We do have a little poodle and yes its a yelper, winier, and an ankle bitter lol

1snapple

I also can't stand the look of pugs.
It looks like they took a beagle and smalled it head first into a cement wall.

darthtang aw

Flower...change your food forthe dogs.......seen a reduction in constant shedding just by doing this......my dogs shed hardly at all..........

mylady

Well, here is one I just did that tried to eat me, but I got him done and left in one piece. Hadn't been groomed since I did him last August.

mylady

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/385239/when-huskies-explode#post_3377989
How could you say that....I love my PUG DOG....LOL
And 1guydude.....+ A MILLION on the shedding thing.,....LOL
Yup, the shorter the fur, the shorter the life cycle of each hair and the more frequently it needs to be replaced. Hence, more shedding! Our pug sheds of course, but it's our "poodle" that sheds the most! LOL
Flower, first tell us what you feed, If you are already on a good food, there may be other things we can suggest to minimize shedding. And of course regular grooming done professionally will help. See if anyone in your area offers a shed reducing groom. It does cut down on the shedding because it simply gets more coat out than regular grooming alone. I offer it and have for years with great success. Just too tired after doing everyone elses dogs to do my own! Heck I use our poodle as a demo dog at grooming shows so I don't have to give him a hair cut LOL.
PS, you couldn't PAY me to own a husky! Not only the coat but they are screamers, whiners and SOOOO vocal. Most of the time when they are being groomed you would think someone was amputating a limb. The two I groom now are very quiet and sweet, but overall most of the huskies I have groomed over the years have not been the most trustworthy. If they didn't like what I was doing they didn't have much hesitation to show and try to use some teeth. I have known some wonderful ones, but they are not the breed for me.