When will my deep sand bed become live

kyarnkid

I was curious to when it was going to become live?
I have had it up for 2 months now and I was curious to when I will get some of its benifits. I see little white things on the when i first turn on the lights and I see real shiny silver things at night in it.
Are these the live critters in the sand?
When will it become fully established? When will I see some of the signs of it starting?
Thanks

fshhub

it has already started, live sand is full of bacteria, and other organisms, which will get in there from cycling and the live rock

beth

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of LS did you use and have you added any sand bed critter kits?

fshhub

criiters are amphipods, copepods, bristle worms, and mini stars, anything that lives in your dsb and cleans up the garbage, you can buy a detrivore kit, or much of this stuff will also come on your lr

ocellaris_keeper

Where do you buy a dentrivore kit? I lost most of my critters saving my fish from ich using the wrong medication (recommended reef safe by my LFS).
I would love to reseed my tank - I enjoy seeing the little animals and stuff as much as if not more than my fish.
Also - I'd like toget another scooter blenny and without the critters he'll starve.

hillbilly

I don't like to post links to competitors here so Do a search for detrivore kits on a search engine, ask at another board that is not affiliated with a supplier, or email me at ..
tubeguy@musician.org
and I'll give you a couple of links.
Hey SWF.com these kits are something You should consider carrying.
Hillbilly