where are they?

claire_r

:notsure: Suddenly I can't find my 2 peppermint shrimp! I haven't seen them in a couple of days or so. My cleaner shrimp, snails, emerald, and hermits are okay. I checked my water parameters and they were all fine. My tank is 29g.
temp. 80
ph 8.2
ammonia 0
nitrites 0
nitrates still around 20 ( they've consistently stayed at 20)
My tank has been up and running for about 6 weeks. I have 29 pounds of rock (live and base) and 2" of sand (live and aragonite). The only other thing in the tank so far is a feather duster, and I'm not sure if it is alive or not (no bad smell).
Any ideas? I see no sign of them at all. Did aliens abduct my shrimp????

arkey.d

Mine use to stay out during the day, but now they borrowed underneath a rock and only come out at night when the lunar lights are on.....

woodymdt

Ours don't come out much during the day either. They both stay in a cave like area that I've made with the LR.
I have seen them peek out when the dusk lights are on, so I'm sure they're out and about when the lunar light is on.
:jumping:

mudplayerx

Marine tank inhabitants are like ninjas. I spent over an hour looking for one of my fish (thinking it leapt out of a small, uncovered portion of the tank).
It turns out that it was hiding under a ledge of one of the peices of live rock like a little assassin.