Where do I buy these lights for less?

nyy fan

I saw a cool set-up at my LFS today...JBJ Formosa Deluxe...basically 2x65W PCs in a hood with fans. They are on separate power plugs (the actinics are on the same plug as the fan), so you can set the timer for dawn dusk.
Problem: LFS wants $350.00 + tax...
Question: Where can I get this thing on-line for less money? Also, anybody have one of these hoods with the fans in it?
TIA :)

option720

Go to ahsupply.com and you can get that setup for cheap and still have enough cash to put A/C in your house :D

nyy fan

I don't want to build it myself. I really like the way the JBJ looks...and there is no way I could make one the same way, but thanks for the site.
Does anyone else have advice on where to buy JBJ lighting?

jakepilot

DONT BUY JBJ!!!!!!!!! mine melted down...they sold me a hood with 2 55wt bulbs..it overheated and melted the lens right off the thing, i sent the lights back to jbj. GET THIS THEY CHARGED ME 78$ TO FIX IT.. geez i payed 200 for the lights to begin with, try another brand if you want my opinion btw if your wondering what went wrong with the lights--JBJ said that both ballasts went bad, and there was a wiring problem, nice to know before it burned my house down

veskas

I have a Custom Sea Life 48" Hood complete with 4 55w PC's for sale for $300.00. It has separate power cords & fan.
You can email for more info or some pics. You pay shipping if interested.
vksimas@attbi.com

coralfishg

i have the same kinda set up as you are talking about. it's made by jalli. you can purchace them from northcoastmarines.com. they sell them in three different sizes 24" at 165$, 36" at 225$, and 48" at 275$. very nice set up. I recomend these, I have em on my tank and i love them :D