where do i find eggcrate at???

nater

Lowes, Home Depot, etc carry it--I think Lowes calls it "light diffuser" or something similar.
Nate

agoutihead

im sure its pretty cheap no??
what do you cut it with just heavy duty sisccors??? it wont melt from pc vho laying right on top of it will it???

nater

I havent used it first hand, but I would imagine a jigsaw, tablesaw, circular saw with a fine toothed blade would cut it nice and clean. The stuff they sell is actually for flourescent lighting--the type that's recessed in a drop ceiling--so I wouldn't worry about it melting, even with MH.
As far as cost, I would imagine a 20 would cover an average size tank.
Nate

chipmaker

Look in the suspended ceiling or electrical florescent lighting sections of most any big box store.......Lowes had theirs in along with their ceiling lights for suspended ceiling, while Home Depot had it with the ceiling supplies....HD was$10.90 Lowes $14.30 for the same exact item. I picked up 2 pices yesterday......It may be eaier to use a single hack saw blade (fine teeth either 24 or 32) and cut through it as it is a styrene plastic and its easy to cause it to crack.
I do not think I would lay a PC directly on it, as some pc fixtures get might hot....and with the weight of the light it may distort it or make it soft etc........Support the light by other means would be my way of looking at it.

nater

excellent idea w/ the hacksaw--that's they way I would go if I could cut in a straight line

tinmanny

You can also buy it at any heatinf suppli store or ceiling compnay
you can cut it with a pair of whire clippers
then just snap off the tabs left behind
hack saw blade with duct tape on it is the easiest way
it is sold in 2'x4' pcs so don't be afrait to expiriment with cutting
they are very cheep