Where do I start?

ktbug

I am interested in getting and running a salt water aquarium, but I don't know where to start. If you have any tips, suggestions, and or thoughts, please let me know! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

sagxman

You've just found where to start. This is a good place to do research. Use the archive section and the search tool to learn about the hobby. Ask a lot of questions and plan things out patiently.

I

ironhead

Ktbug
I’m also very new at this hobby. My tank has only finished cycling two months ago.
My one piece of advice is to do research on your equipment.
For example protein skimmer do not get a prizm skimmer that was my waist of money
Good luck

rs1831

I would suggest buying The Conscientious Marine Aquarist and start by reading that. This message board is also great for getting info. Really do your research before you buy anything and know what you want to do for a tank. Do you want corals or just fish and live rock? Whatever you want to do just make sure you plan ahead. Good luck.

hardcrab67

Get the books, I started with "Saltwater Aquariums for Dummies". No joke, then the Net is a great tool w/ this site and many others. I read for 2 months straight everyday before I poured the first drop of water or money.
= :joy:

S

surfinusa

the marine aquarium problem solver is the best imo i have the saltwater aquariums for dummies i like it a little but a lot of the information is wrong