Where should I position my 4 powerheads in my 180G. that is viewable from both sides?

mmync

I am going to install my 4 powerheads into my new 180 gallon tank but I am not sure where I should position them being that my tank is visible from both sides. Also what hight should they be at to the water line? Thanks in advance:)

richard rendos

If it is a sort of room divider, I would put them at opposite ends of the tank, and at different levels. Maybe one on the bottom close to the substrate, a couple in the midwater region and one on top to create surface aggitation. I would suggest not putting on the air line connectors. Air bubbles may eventually cause problems...salt creep being a very annoying one.

jarvis

Im going through powerhead placement my self for a 150. Im not sure how It would work. Mabee someone can tell us if its ok to bury the power heads, but not to deep where you cant have access to them. Run 1/2 inch flextube into a y-barb fitting and have them projecting out. That would make 8 area of circulation where you could have it shooting out from the rock work at diffrent heights and angles. Mabee beef up the pumps a little. Does anyone know if this would work well.