Where to buy cope/amps

texasmetal

We're not allowed to post competitors websites. I believe you can order pods from this site.
Honestly, some quality live rock will seed your tank with all you need, you just have to allow the tank time to mature before adding things that will eat the pods that hitchhike their way into your tank in the live rock. A refugium will provide a sustainable population of pods after you have livestock in the tank.

cranberry

Just know that Tigger pods are best for target feeding and do not reproduce well in a reef tank because of temperatures. Buy Tisbe's for a fuge and "Tiggers" for a one time feed.

cj_build

I have clicked on swf.com links that I have seen in other discussions but it just comes up with a search and no website. Is the link broke?
I bought some great coraline encrusted used LR from a craig that has a list, but it didnt have the copes/amps that I need to get my fuge going (or maybe im not very patient).
So any help with the swf site would be great.
TY

cranberry

Do we know what algagen sells... just curious.
Or to whoever has bought them. Are they big or small? Does it say to refrigerate or no? That info would round it down.

renogaw

Calanoid copepods
yes, they are very small, yess they need to be stored refrigerated.
i've put in at least 4 bottles of these and tigger pods and i never see copepods in my fuge or tank. i do though have a ton of copepods in my mantis tank.

cj_build

Ty spanko those sites worked. I didnt realize I was in a forum/store site. lol (how observant am i)
Question why would you want to fridge the copes? wouldn't you just add them to your tank/fuge and not the fridge? My fridge doesn't need any crawly things in there. I guess it would keep the mold company. =]

cranberry

Because the pods you put in the fridge are cold water pods. They are really meant for target feeding and not for seeding a fuge. Those you seed with pods, like Tisbes, are to be left at room temp.

lauremf2002

How long did you wait after adding your rock? And are there already livestock in the tank that would eat copepods? ie gobies or mandarins? My pods didnt show up for a about a month after adding the rock so you might just need to wait a little.

texasmetal

Originally Posted by lauremf2002
http:///forum/post/2949800
How long did you wait after adding your rock? And are there already livestock in the tank that would eat copepods? ie gobies or mandarins? My pods didnt show up for a about a month after adding the rock so you might just need to wait a little.
+1
There are many things in this hobby that are a waste of money. Most of them reaping profits from impatience.
Spend your money on some nice live rock rubble. You WILL have pods.

texasmetal

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/2949844
I'm not sure...is the above 2 meant for me? I don't think so..... LOL.
No, directed toward the original poster.
Impatience in this hobby only wastes money, effort, time, and usually lives.

cj_build

I have had the tank set up for 3-4 months. I don't have any mandarians gobys etc. I will get a mandarian later after a year r so (or get over run from pods). The rock has been in there 1 month after I set it up. It came from a mature tank and they are coraline encrusted. Matter of fact I already have coraline growing up the glass on all four sides and in the fuge.
I just want to seed the fuge to get it going. As I like to watch them run all over the rocks etc...
Yes patience is a virture in this finacal venture. But I have been in the hobby for awhile be it Fish only mostly.
*hits spell check* yep seems to be all correct

Thank you for responding