Which anemone for a true perc?

mike22cha

Most clownfish host Bubble Tips, but I believe percula host on magnifisent and carpet anemones, both are hard to care for from what I've heard, and the BTA has had a lot of good things said about it here at swf.com and every where else. I'd go BTA.

bocfuss

I have a thriving BTA, and a pair of True Percs, they host the giant clump of frogspawn for the most part, they will also wallow in the green star polyps I have and hang out sometimes in the BTA.

choco

Even though A. Percula does not naturally host E. Quadricolor (BTA), they most likely will if given time and patience.

choco

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Magnifiecent anemones or Carpet Anemones.
Percula's naturally host Heteractis Magnifica and Stichodactyla Gigantea which happens to be the two MOST DIFFICULT anemones to sustain in captivity. I wouldn't even attempt to try one of these anemones unless you have been keeping anemones 5 years plus and know what you are doing.
Seriously, most Percs will host BTAs if given time. Go with a BTA if your new to keeping anemones. They are the most forgiving anemone too. Nonetheless, all anemones are difficult to care for long term but the BTA would be the easiest out of the pacific anemones.