which cleaning crew sounds better for 29 gal tank?

rpick

ok. i'm ready to order my cleanup crew today for delivery on tuesday. here are my choices:
crew #1
Scarlet Hermit Crab: 25
Coral Banded Shrimp: 1
Cleaner Shrimp: 2
Nasssarius Snail: 5
Camelback Shrimp: 5
Feather Duster: 2
Turbo/Astrea Snail: 10
Emerald Crab: 2
or
crew #2
peppermint shrimp 3
astrea turbo snails 10
cleaner shrimp 2
porcelain crab 2
cluster duster 1
scarlet reef hermits 20
nassarius snail 5
which crew sounds better?
any suggestions?

maurice

Me personally,i like #1,but that is just because i like more of what is in that choice.Plus i have heard about the camelback shrimp munching on some corals,so i stay away from them. :D

monalisa

It is my understanding that with a coral banded shrimp, you're not going to want any other kinds of shrimp in the tank. Coral bandeds will become aggressive with the others. I'm just repeating what I've been told, not speaking from experience. BTW, I have a coral banded shrimp, and he's awesome!!
Lisa :happyfish

rpick

I'm a bit confused maurice. you said #1 is better but said that the camelbacks eat coral. i read about that. i'm keeping a reef only tank and don't think that would be good. i'm also not sure if a cbs would be good for a 29 gal tank. i definitely want the cleaner shrimps, and feather dusters. i think the emeral crabs may grow too big for the tank. those are the downside for me on #1.
#2 has some critters that i would like, like the porcelain crabs and peppermint shrimps. the down of # 2 is there are less scarlets.

rpick

monalisa,
i heard that about cbs. love to have one but want more than one shrimp in there. also a 29 gal may be too small for them(?).

maurice

I have everything in #1 in a 55 right now and have had no problems,and as for the emeralds,they are one of my favorite's when they come out to be seen.
As MonaLisa was saying though,you don't want to put the CBS with to many other shrimp,although i do have a cleaner shrimp and they don't seem to bother one another.

rpick

i like the emerals, but i like the porcelains better. would the emeralds grow too big for the 29 gal?

rpick

ok. Here's the winning combination:
2 x Emerald Crab Not Shipped yet 0% $7.98
2 x Porcelain Crab Not Shipped yet 0% $11.98
1 x Scarlet Hermit Crab - Group of 20 Not Shipped yet 0% $39.99
1 x Duster Cluster Not Shipped yet 0% $14.99
2 x Cleaner Shrimp Not Shipped yet 0% $35.98
1 x Peppermint Shrimp - Group of 5 Not Shipped yet 0% $17.99
1 x Nassarius Snail - Group of 5 Not Shipped yet 0% $9.99
1 x Turbo/Astrea Snail - Group of 10 Not Shipped yet 0% $9.99
thanks, for all your help. i decided that cbs' are neat but may not be good for my 29 gal and wanted more shrimp in tank. i also took the emerald crabs.
can't wait for tuesday :happy: :joy: :) :cheer: