Which do you like better?

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by reefer123
isn't the garibaldi damsel a cold water fish?

From what I've read, the temp's where they are caught is generally mid to high 60's. Apparently they can adapt easily to a minor temp. change (ten degrees).

J

jcrim

Garibaldi's the way I've been leaning too. The only problem with adding a large damsel is that it will probably be my last fish. Won't allow any new fish into the tank.

bullitr

harlequin have a lot of personality.. mine eats of my hand...and the color ( if from aus)... wow.

mitzel

Hey jcrim my lfs has one instock. I was very impressed by this thing and thought of you when I saw it. It was in with a banded cat shark. they were asking 129.00 for it . that seamed a bit steep to me but this is the first real one I have seen.

I'm guessing you never got yours. I might have to pick it up so you can be jelious of my tank for a change

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by mitzel
Hey jcrim my lfs has one instock. I was very impressed by this thing and thought of you when I saw it. It was in with a banded cat shark. they were asking 129.00 for it . that seamed a bit steep to me but this is the first real one I have seen.

I'm guessing you never got yours. I might have to pick it up so you can be jelious of my tank for a change

That's awesome... you have to get it! I saw one around here that was about $90 but it was a juvi and didn't look real good. Was this one a juvi (blue spots) or adult? GET IT! GET IT! GET IT! GET IT! GET IT! GET IT!

But I will be jealous... nobody's got one of these.

batman1820

Garibaldi looks cool, but i caught one when i was fishing and got fined 500 bucks... I DIDN"T KNOW THEY WERE FRIGGIN PROTECTED thats why i like the harlequin more.

mitzel

sherman tanks south . off of I-25 and colorado just south of ther maybe a few block past the deadbeat club. Go get it but leave the green carpet anemonie for me please.

madman133

no im not going to get it. Just was wondering who had those kinds of things as ive never seen anyone carrying them. anenime is yours too.

rgmason

Jcrim i would love to see the tusk in your tank! althought the damesel would be second, hard choice but you could pick when it comes down to price! thats the way i would do it.

mitzel

Which shops do you go to? I like sherman south premire aquatic and there is another one over on hampden west of I25 tonys tank or something like that

madman133

neptunes, todds, sherman south, key island(or something like that), Fish den acouple of times. and occasionaly ill go someplace new to see what thy're like. i think that your thinking of todds tropical fish. My favorite is neptunes they dont have much selection and their prices are a little high bnut they have the best quality. Shermans has the best selection i think but they dont quarentine new arrivals so normally i ask them to hold the fish i want for a week or two just to male sure but i havent had any problems yet.