Which hang on skimmer???

gabbie

We are going to purchase a skimmer this weekend online. We are thinking of the CPR Back pack2 with the biological SO we can ditch the canister. We also thought of the sea clone. I was wondering what everyone else was using and if it either of these was any good.
Thanks
Gabbie

demodan

I would say go with a prizm skimmer. It will skim like mad, and is less of an eyesore than the seaclone. I would not trust just a cpr for filtration. Keep your filter.

fishforme

How about I sell ya a used 1 month old Prism. I have been skimmerless for 4 months now and everything looks great. It's basically brand new...

eseow

I can't comment on CPR Bak Pak but I have heard good things about it (hope to get one soon or Prizm Pro), but I have a Sea Clone 100 with a slight mod, and an AquaMedic TurboFlotor 1000 and the difference is apparent. I know I'm comparing an apple to an orange here because the Sea Clone has not produced any skimmate or foam today, but after firing up the Aquamedic tonight, the foam hasn't stopped! And I ran them at the same time just to see if what i heard about the Aquamedic was true. But anyway, I would recommend the Sea Clone for light to medium duty. If you are seeking high efficient skimming, I would not recommend it. As for AquaMedic, it requires quite a bit of room off the tank for hang on install. Prism and CPR are require way less room off the tank. :p

cranium

I have a seaclone and a CPR Bak Pak and the Bak Pak is way better than the seaclone. I love my bak pak it works great for me. I don't even use my seaclone because it spits out tons of micro bubbles into the tank. I would get a CPR BakPak over a Seaclone any day.

justinx

I am quite glad to hear that people like their CPR bak paks. I have purchased the 2r model w/o the filter media for my 20g, but i am yet to set up my tank. Still trying to decide that whole lighting thing. But I am glad that I have at least a decent skimmer. :)

moga

Aggressor 90....great unknown skimmer..
i have used cpr bakpak before..but this one works much better..예이.