Which Is Better Pc Or T5

I am looking to put new lights on my 30 gal tank. I have inverts fish and some shrooms. I need opinions from ya'll and I'm on a budget.
Thanks
Herby

perfectdark

Originally Posted by firefightered
http:///forum/post/2560924
I am looking to put new lights on my 30 gal tank. I have inverts fish and some shrooms. I need opinions from ya'll and I'm on a budget.
Thanks
Herby
T5's without a doubt if they are HO. They are more efficient, and cost less to replace the bulbs. They have more lumens per watt of power, and will be able to suit your need for now and for the future should you decide to expand to higher light demanding corals. How long is your tank?

The tank is 36"X 18"D. I have a 2 sets of T5 NO on it right now but have had a major problem with one of them shorting out and melting the end caps. I have my tank in my bunk room at the fire station. When my cheif walked by and smelled the melting plastic, he was not happy. So now I need to replace the lighting on my tank. Like I mentioned in my first post I'm on a budget and cann't afford $200-$300.00 for lights. If anyone has any for sale. Please send me a PM.

scopus tang

I would agree with "Perfect" (
)on this. The PCs unless you build a support structure simply heat the tank too much. Additionally, the PC lights will allow you to keep softies only, as they are not sufficient for LPS or SPS, IME.

scopus tang

If you're looking into T5s, you might PM Flricordia, I recall that he built some T5s out of raingutter for his 20 longs on his frag tanks (about the same size I believe). Seem like that would be a pretty cheap way to go.

fats71

Perfect and scopus know their business :) +1
On a side note I saw a thread the other day saying scopus tang died I almost fell out of my chair!!! I was on the phone withh ANinafish from the forums here looking for a thread she was tellinng me about and as I said I about fell out of my chair and was like what the flip !!! Thenn I opened it and it was abuot a fish i was very thankful your still around !

perfectdark

Uggghhh i have a 30" set of Nova Sundials, they are the HO T5 light set by Current, USA. They are brand new only 3 months old and have only been used for a month and a half. I am selling them for $180.00 shipped and that includes all the bulbs plus 2 extra. IMO the 36" set for your tank would be the one I would recomend but they are about $275.00 new. If your into retrofitting some brackets on your tank your welcome to the set I am selling, just a thought.

tj51

perfectdark.........I'm saving my $ thinking about your light set, but not quite there yet :) out of the hits on the thread, most are probably me lol

scopus tang

Originally Posted by Fats71
http:///forum/post/2561053
Perfect and scopus know their business :) +1
On a side note I saw a thread the other day saying scopus tang died I almost fell out of my chair!!! I was on the phone withh ANinafish from the forums here looking for a thread she was tellinng me about and as I said I about fell out of my chair and was like what the flip !!! Thenn I opened it and it was abuot a fish i was very thankful your still around !
Thanks
me too! Kind of like it here, thought I'd stay for awhile at least.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by tj51
http:///forum/post/2561198
perfectdark.........I'm saving my $ thinking about your light set, but not quite there yet :) out of the hits on the thread, most are probably me lol

LOL ohhh ok, good to know, if you have any questions feel free to ask.