Which is better?

nmoran

Buying fish for a store or online? Most of the fish I've bought from dealers get sick. I've only bought one online and it's been very healthy. But it seems to me it's very stressful on the fish to be shipped and everything they go through getting to your house. Which do you think is better? Onlines cheaper!

F

fish magnet

buying it from a fish store is just as bad. That is one more stop the fish has to make prior to going into your own tank. Why not take a step out of the process if you find something you like or want online?? It can be expensive if your only buying one or two fish online, but if you get several items it can really be worth it. Good luck

tacks

The fish also get stressed on thier way to the fish store. Once there, they are constantly stressed by kids tapping on the glass and overcrowded tanks. With on-line, the fish have one less stop to make. Once at your house, you take much better care of it than in a pet store. On-line is definately the way to go.

neutronics

I guess my three main LFS sell much cheaper marine fishes and inverts (and healthy ones too) but then again I live in Singapore! :D

drkegel

I've never boughten anything but a clean-up crew from SWF for my tanks online. Sure, I buy drygoods (food, pumps, etc.) online to save lots of $$$$.
I too, like to see what I'm buying when it comes to fish, how they act, do they eat well, etc. But sometimes it is impossible to get the particular species one wants locally.
The inverts I got from this site were great, and some of the hardiest creatures in my tank. They all lived when everything else died!

Why would you want to watch your fish. I mean isnt that what a quartine tank is for? If your fish is not swimming, eating,ect it probally has a illness witch you can treat in the qt.