Which needs more lighting?

ryanhayes9

a green carpet anemone or a monti digi?
a green carpet anemone or a monti cap?
a green carpet anemone or a millipora?
a green carpet anemone or a acropora?
a crocea clam or a millipora?
I am trying tyo figure out if i have enough light output for SPS corals. i have 4x54 watt ho t5 indiv refelcted over a 75 gallon and have had SPS before but have never had them live on me for more than 3 weeks. i did place them at the very top of my rocks once i got them though, which is about 3/5 of the way up in the tank, but IDK if that wouldhave killed them. But i have been able to maintain a green carpet anemone ( dont know how to tell if its a haddoni or not, would like to know) and a crocea clam on the sand bed. So therefor im trying to do a light need comparison sort of, cuz i hear so many different answeres, thanks for the help.

nycbob

i hv the same light u hv in my 72 gallon. i keep sps w no prblem. i do keep them high tho. i hv red cap, green cap, birdsnest and a few monti branches. just mk sure they hv good flow.

jerthunter

I would say that your clam would be the most light demanding thing you have listed. It sounds like you have plenty of light to keep most SPS alive and if they are gone within 3 weeks I'd imagine your problem isn't light related. I personally kept an acropora frag under my PCs for several weeks, it wasn't very colorful but it survived, it finally died after a crab decided to knock it down into my hammer coral.

teen

i doubt its the light. most likely a water parameter issue. what your flow like?