Which Picture is Scary To You?

reefraff

First picture is of idiots who were intimidating voters. 2nd picture is of a blowhard idiot who doesn't have the guts to try to intimidate anyone or he would have held his rifle in plain view of the government agents.

aggiealum

First picture is of idiots who were intimidating voters. 2nd picture is of a blowhard idiot who doesn't have the guts to try to intimidate anyone or he would have held his rifle in plain view of the government agents.  
Good observation. He was there to protect his fellow militiamen from harm in the event the Feds got out of hand. They interviewed one of their cohorts the other day, and his logic was "We put all the women out in the front of the line. When the Feds start firing back at us, they'll have to live with the killing of innocent women before getting us."Isn't this the same defense mechanism the Islamic terrorist use over in Iraq and Afghanistan?

aggiealum

They are equal.
If you look at it as a form of intimidation, you are correct. If you don't see the obvious ramifications the second picture shows if the issue escalated over what would happen if the same situation escalated with the two Black Panther members, then you are blinded by your allegiance to your lopsided political beliefs.

darthtang aw

You asked which is more intimidating. That is all. two people with billy clubs is just as intimidating as a man stretched out with a rifle pointed the opposite direction from the photographer. If you wanted to have a philosophical debate about the escalation of such actions then you should have asked that. It has nothing to do with politics.
As to my lopsided political beliefs, where did I support the actions occurring in the second picture? Unless you are describing gun ownership, which has nothing to do with the first picture, and the second picture does not fit into my belief system since I don't support pointing rifles at crowds of people.
As far as ramifications. Intimidation at voting polls has far more ramifications than a guy pointing a gun in the crowd. One result can affect an entire nation, the other will affect only the people in the guns range and their family.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397584/which-picture-is-scary-to-you#post_3544069
You asked which is more intimidating. That is all. two people with billy clubs is just as intimidating as a man stretched out with a rifle pointed the opposite direction from the photographer. If you wanted to have a philosophical debate about the escalation of such actions then you should have asked that. It has nothing to do with politics.
As to my lopsided political beliefs, where did I support the actions occurring in the second picture? Unless you are describing gun ownership, which has nothing to do with the first picture, and the second picture does not fit into my belief system since I don't support pointing rifles at crowds of people.
As far as ramifications. Intimidation at voting polls has far more ramifications than a guy pointing a gun in the crowd. One result can affect an entire nation, the other will affect only the people in the guns range and their family.
Show where I asked which picture was more "intimidating". So intimidating and scary are the same thing?

Please. Two Black Panthers at one polling station can "affect an entire nation"? Talk about hyperbole and conjecture. How about Republicans and their gerrymandering of districts, enacting Voter ID laws where they aren't needed, and limiting the number of days for early voting only in Democratic districts? THAT form of 'intimidation' has FAR more ramifications that can affect an entire nation when it comes to electing our officials in Washington.

darthtang aw

To scare or intimidate are the same thing.
in·tim·i·date
inˈtimiˌdāt/
verb
frighten or overawe (someone), especially in order to make them do what one wants.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397584/which-picture-is-scary-to-you#post_3544144
Show where I asked which picture was more "intimidating". So intimidating and scary are the same thing?

Please. Two Black Panthers at one polling station can "affect an entire nation"? Talk about hyperbole and conjecture. How about Republicans and their gerrymandering of districts, enacting Voter ID laws where they aren't needed, and limiting the number of days for early voting only in Democratic districts? THAT form of 'intimidation' has FAR more ramifications that can affect an entire nation when it comes to electing our officials in Washington.
Republicans and their Gerrymandering? The stupid, it hurts!!!

darthtang aw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Texas_redistricting
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/the-gops-strong-texas-gerrymander/2011/06/02/AGP56VHH_blog.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/14/greg-abbott-gerrymandering_n_3757385.html
Sounds very similar to when democrats redrew the districts in the nineties for Texas. This enabled democrats to win And retain over 70% of the seats in Texas legislature.
I know history also. Do i get another cookie?
Redistricting has been a tactic used by both parties for centuries. California is a prime example as well. Even so much as having congressional representatives pay 20,000 dollars to keep their district lines the same.
Obama won his chicago seat because democrats changed a district by adding only his home to it. This kept the democrat obama would have had to run against in office and gave democrats a new up and comer in another district.
I dont see your complaints about democrat gerrymandering. Hypocrite much?

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397584/which-picture-is-scary-to-you#post_3544161
You're obviously clueless to Texas politics since Nixon was in office. I can't help you if you're blinded by ignorance drinking that Conservative Kool-Aide of yours.
You are full of pure crap. Democrats controlled the US house for better than 40 years, until the 1990's through the Gerrymandering process. Typical left winger. You crap little green apples though your wadded panties when the other side stats taking advantage of the rules your side used for years LOL!

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397584/which-picture-is-scary-to-you#post_3544167
Sounds very similar to when democrats redrew the districts in the nineties for Texas. This enabled democrats to win And retain over 70% of the seats in Texas legislature.
I know history also. Do i get another cookie?
Redistricting has been a tactic used by both parties for centuries. California is a prime example as well. Even so much as having congressional representatives pay 20,000 dollars to keep their district lines the same.
Obama won his chicago seat because democrats changed a district by adding only his home to it. This kept the democrat obama would have had to run against in office and gave democrats a new up and comer in another district.
I dont see your complaints about democrat gerrymandering. Hypocrite much?
Naw, their just as culpable. The Republicans just took a step further by making it harder to get Democrat voters eligible to vote with their pointless Voter ID Law, then during the election cycle, make it difficult for those same Democrat voters to vote early at the polls by tweaking the timeframes they are allowed to vote with that process. Wisconsin pulled this trick by limiting early voting to M-F, from 8AM - 5PM, when most of those Democrats were hard at work. In Milwaukee, the Republicans pushed a bill that would limit in-person absentee voting to Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the two weeks before an election. No weekend voting would be allowed and only 45 hours a week of early voting would be permitted. They also got rid of same-day voter registration in Republican-led states. Ohio Republicans even pulled the most blatant voter rigging scheme whereby early voting stations in Ohio’s heavily Democratic counties were only open between 8 am and 5 pm, while Republican counties had expanded their hours to allow voting on nights and weekends. But I'm sure you'll just say that's normal business in the world of politics. Hypocrite much?

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/397584/which-picture-is-scary-to-you#post_3544173
You are full of pure crap. Democrats controlled the US house for better than 40 years, until the 1990's through the Gerrymandering process. Typical left winger. You crap little green apples though your wadded panties when the other side stats taking advantage of the rules your side used for years LOL!
And you blow nonsensical "Obama Hater" rants anytime you lose an argument. What's your point? You crap red turds, and it's not because you have hemorrhoids.

reefraff

Bionic Aggie is vexed that when FAIR districts were drawn in Texas in the early 2000's Republicans instead of Democrats gained the majority of house seats, In a State which hadn't elected a Democrat to the US Senate Since Bentson in 1988 or a Governor since Richards in 1990. But it wasn't DEMOCRAT Gerrymandering that allowed them to continue to hold the majority of US house seats and it was obviously Republican gerrymandering that lead to them to get most of the seats in a state where the Republicans had been winning both Senate Seats and the governor's office for a decade or better.