Which Protein Skimmer??

I am going to get a new skimmer very soon and was curious which skimmer does a more effective job for the money a Aqua C EV-180 or Precision Marine Bullet 2. I will be putting on a 120 gallon reef tank that will be populated with mainly SPS coral. Any and all opinions would be helpful.

jtwilson

Well if you want the best bang for your buck I would go with the coralife skimmers .....they are great
, but sorry I dont know anything about the ones you mentioned.

scsinet

I'd go for the bullet, only because it uses an actual Beckett foamhead, as opposed to the AquaC "spray induction" method. Both work well, but the Beckett is a far more proven technology.
If you are spending this much on a skimmer, consider throwing in a few more bucks and look at the Euro Reef, particularly the recirculating skimmers. The thing I don't like about Beckett, Downdraft, or induction skimmers is that they require a comparatively large pump to operate efficiently as they require lots of head pressure. Don't get me wrong though, the PM will be a great skimmer.

al mc

I can't agrue with SCSI..much more experience than I....but also consider MRC2R for your project...also a beckett foam producer......I have found this to be the best skimmer I have personally used. I have not used the other skimmers you are considering but have heard they are both good brands....