which tank???

|2ain

i currently have a 46 euro bow tank and im moving up to a 72 g , my question is would the 72 euro bow be better than the 72 rectangle tank, and another thing is will all of my equipment be ok to use with this bigger tank, i have a mag 500 pump and a amiracle wet/dry, will this be enough to go to the bigger tank.

cimpow137

dunno bout the biggest but it depends on what fish you want in the tank. if you want some that need more swimming room wouldnt the rectangle be better cuz it is longer?... jmo though

|2ain

im setting up a reef tank, i have a cowfish,6 line wrasse ,bandit angel, purple tang and a purple psuedochromis, im going to add more when i get a bigger tank, what they are i dont know. do you think i could do an 80 g with a mag 500?

blue steel

i thought that cowfish were not reef safe... mine nips at my rocks, they may also release a toxin if they get too stressed or if they die...just a thought though

robchuck

You could run an 80g with a Mag 5, but you would almost definately need powerheads to create supplemental circulation within your tank. With the fish you currently have and your plans for more, it would probably be a good idea to look into at least a 125g.

stapler

What are you going to use the mag5 for....just circulation or are you using it for a return pump in the sump. You could go as big as you want...and you will just need to add some supplemental flow.
Go as big as you can!
Also, like BlueSteel said, I dont think cowfish are reef safe. Might want to reconsider him.