White Cheek Tang / Tassle Filefish

dougedoug

Just added a white cheek tang to my FO 200G tank. He seems timid but I have been watching thoroughly and I do not see anyone messing with him. Got him on Wednesday and he has not eaten yet. I know that care for them is similar to an Achilles. Also got a Tassle filefish and he has not been eating and he has no marks, everyone ignores him.
Tried feeding: nori, mysis, prawn. Does not even try to eat. Started doing water changes of 20% every two weeks.
Any idea of what I can do to get him eating? He needs to be a little more active during feeding. All my other fish are eating except the filefish and they were all added at same time.
Had
Hippo
Lion
Male Bird Wrasse
Snowflake eel
Added at the same time.
Golden Trevally (he is young, I can take him to a 900 gallon when he gets bigger)
Purple Tang
Sailfin Angel
Tassle Filefish
White Cheek Tang

sweatervest13

If you got them from a LFS, what was he eating there? Did you see him eat?
I have been looking for a Powder Brown for a long time. I come across white cheek tangs (often confused with powder browns) a lot and pass on them. White cheeks don't do that well in home tanks.

dougedoug

Powder Brown looks nice, this is definitely a white cheek.
The tassle I just got to eat some clams but I had to hand feed him basically. He has been hanging by the bottom hoping he starts to make his way up towards the top where he should be.
The white cheek I did not see eat, I am going to call and find out what he was eating.

sweatervest13

Yup find out what the LFS feed him. But like I said their success rate is not good at all. Good luck
Ps. Always ask to see any fish you buy eat at the store. If it doesn't eat at the store... It won't eat at home for you.