white dots on tank?

kaleysalen

i recently noticed the growing amount of these tiny little white spots on my tank walls [mostly the back] - when looking - them closer they appear to be little tiny spirals??? anyone know what these is....??????

hot883

Originally Posted by kaleysalen
i recently noticed the growing amount of these tiny little white spots on my tank walls [mostly the back] - when looking - them closer they appear to be little tiny spirals??? anyone know what these is....??????

usually a sign of a new tank and will go away after awhile. If fish are in the tank now they will take care of them.

corally

Probably spiruloid (sp) worms-check out the hitchiker thread, their is a pic of them there. They are harmless.Like 883 said, they will go away in awhile.

kaleysalen

looked in the hitchhiker thread and didnt find any explinations. i'm goin to look up those worms..? so they are harmless right....
and yes i have fish in there - lemon peel angel, coral beauty angel, lunare wrasse and a damsel.

diane4

I have them on almost any surface in the tank, the wall, on the ornaments etc, and I have my tank up and running for about 10 months.
When I cleaned my tank, I scraped them off. And then by the next water change a couple weeks later, they developed again. Fish are healthy, water chem is fine. What are they and how do I get rid of them.
Tiny circles, white and they seen hard in texture when I scraped them off.