White Sox / Indians BS

oceanists

So out of the love of the sport I watched Opening night last night , which was post poned for rain....... But when they started playing again an inning later in the 4th when the white sox were up with 2 men on and no outs , it starts POURING Im talking to the point where water is pouring off of the helmets and going into the eyes of the players , and ESPN is saying , if the white sox can get a run in and goto the 5th inning they will pick up the win ...... so it is pouring and pouring and pouring ...... game hadnt been called and it really should have been and they should have re scheduaed it .... but what do they do for the home team , they let them play that inning out, and the whitesox score........ Now for them to call the game while the indians were up I would have hoped that they wouldnt have stopped short of a blizzard just to be fair about this situation ...... frankly I beleive it was a poor decision and it was a bs win

treybom

i disagree.... the whitesox and the indians both had to play in that weather... not just the indians...the weather shouldnt really affect the players... i mean look at the sox.. they went on to score ten runs.... they played the whole game out....i believe it was the right decision

oceanists

doesnt matter to me im a redsox fan ..... but it didnt start raining untill the white sox had 2 men on , baseball isnt meant to play in the storm it was in ..... i could see a little rain but it was pouring ..... and that mostly affects a pitchers pitching ...... it is also very dangerous .... its like throwing a snot ball

hsanchez

do you know how much people paid for their tickets? they did it for the fans. they deserve to see the whole game.

oceanists

no excuse ........ you pay for your tickets .......... game goes under 4 innings ................... game is reschedualed and the fans reuse their tickets.
This happened in the bottom of the 4th ....allowing the sox to score 2 runs in practically thunder storms ........... Im not a fan of either team , maybe would even lean towards the whitesox , because they were in the same boat as my team (redsox) as far championship goes ...... but the way it was being announced .ex. if the sox can score and goto the next inning they win the game ...it was just unprofessional

zanoshanox

I dont understand your argument...Theynplayed the whole game...Who cares what the weather was like...both teams played partially in and out of the rain...

cowfishrule

build a bridge and get over it
they needed 4 complete innings to make it a game.
if i were an official, i would have pushed the game to 4 complete innings.

oceanists

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
build a bridge and get over it
they needed 4 complete innings to make it a game.
if i were an official, i would have pushed the game to 4 complete innings.

I could care less about who won ... like i said i am not a fan of either team , i just think its horrible how the league caters to championship teams ..... and the argument about the fans paying money , I dont know if you saw but in the fourth inning there were probably only about a 100 at the game after the rain delay ......... Id rather see a well played game , and not a rushed one ...

cowfishrule

no, i didnt see the game.
but re-reading your first post, something strikes me.
if they had a rain delay, and they started playing again in the 4th, why wouldnt you try to play out that inning and call it a game? i dont think it matters who is playing and where.
it sounds like common sense to me, not favortism.

oceanists

in the 4th it was a thunder storm ,, but they did play out the entire game ...... im simply saying that the way it was broadcasted by espn , it sounded like theyre was that championship favorism going on ....... no need to over analyze my posts ... plain and simple my opinion