White Spots on the glass

zachbgreen

Hello,
I am really new to this so forgive me if I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about, if I did I suppose I wouldn't be here though.
I have had my 75 gallon tank going for about two months now. Everything is within parameters but this week I have started to notice tiny white spots all over the inside of the glass, upon close examination it appears they have some sort of pinkish nuclues and they seem to be growing in size and in number almost daily. They rub off easily from the tank. My question is what is this stuff and is it harmful to the tank? I have 50 lbs of LR and 60 lbs of LS. and some grape caulerpa. I only have a 4 damsels, some snails and a few crabs in the tank now. I just don't know what these things are. Any Ideas?
Thanks
:)

S

slofish

It could be copepods, if it is, these are good for your tank and shows that your tank is establishing well. itd be best to try and post a pic though.

T

thomas712

Greetings and WELCOME TO THE SALTWATER FISH FORUM :)
Any chance you can get a pic of these guys? Are they little spirals or curley? Round and smooth?
Thomas

dzones

Hey I have the same thing..i kinda think they are snails and yes Thomas they are little spirals and round.. i am assuming you know what they are?
I tried taking pics but my camera is too sucky and it won't focus on anything that small and close.

zachbgreen

Thanks for everyones advice. I looked at them with a magnifing glass and they don't appear to be spiral at all, just round and smooth with a pinkish center spot.
I tried to take a pic but my digicam is sucky too, it won't focus on anything that small.....if they keep growing I will be sure to post a pic.
Thanks again.

T

thomas712

Hard to tell without a pic but they could be spirorbidae worms, do a search and see what you come up with.
Thomas

alex.m

I am sure they are snail eggs. I've had them and watched them with a 50X loop. If i saw ones that are bigger than the others i marked them with a marker on the outside glass. Next day there is a tiny little snail. and a most amazing part--- they have their own tiny little shell. Very good snack for fish BTW.