white spots on toadstool leather

bigreefer

Hey guys. I dont know what this is. I have white spots on my toadstool leather and it has not shed its glossy coat for a couple of days (usually will shed in a day or less). They seem to be multiplying. The only change to tank was addition of juvinile ocellaris clown which seems fine and isnt even close to it. Parameters are ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate about 10 ppm, ph 8.2, temp 78, cal 420. Thanks for any info.

jmpowie

mine did that now I think it is dieing its about half the size it was and just lays on the live rock it cannt hold it self up anymore

pettyhoe

Mine just had that problem. The white spots multiplied to pretty much the entire top of the toadstool, so I put a TON of flow on it, and dosed with some reef DNA, you can find it at any LFS. I don't know if the reef DNA helped it or not, but it shed and now its looking great. As long as its not deteriorating with yellow spots and holes. There are dips as well, but I have never dipped and they seem to be pretty expensive. Plus the reef DNA is reef safe and will help all living organisms in your tank. It's a Mark Weiss product, which get slack from everyone, but they work great for me. Hope it heals itself! Good luck

bigreefer

Just to update I am still unsure what happened but 2 days after I posted the leather shed and all the white spots are gone and it is 1/4 bigger than it was. Obviously it was nothing to worry about. Thanks