white stuff?

gatorwpb

I have white stringy stuff like that on some of my zoos. Luckily it hasnt been able to spread, but I thought it was part of the sponge that is on my zoo rock. I never figured out waht it was.
can you see any sponge-like material at the base of the white stuff?

spanko

i am sorry DD. I posted the wrong answer, anyway what I thought and what I posted were too different things. Old age has a way of messing up your mind.

What I meant to say was spaghetti worms.

devil dog

Ok now what... are they good or are they bad? If they are bad how do you get them out?
thanks spanko

gatorwpb

Mine looks like yours Devil Dog, but it doesnt really look like the pics of spaghetti worms Ive found on line.
For one, the white strings dont appear to move except in the water flow. and it doesnt seem like its feeding a central mouth. The net search says that the white strings should radiate to a central point, which mine doesnt seem to nor does Devil Dog's.

devil dog

Originally Posted by GatorWPB
http:///forum/post/2633083
Mine looks like yours Devil Dog, but it doesnt really look like the pics of spaghetti worms Ive found on line.
For one, the white strings dont appear to move except in the water flow. and it doesnt seem like its feeding a central mouth. The net search says that the white strings should radiate to a central point, which mine doesnt seem to nor does Devil Dog's.
yeah... I'm with you on this but it looks like the pic that's on here...

myzislow

Those are a type of sponge. There is a black variety as well. Simple way to get rid of them is to get a small siphon hose and just suck them when doing your next water change. They're very soft and suck right up.A lot of time you can get the base too if you sort of "scrub and suck" with the end of the end of the hose. I would use a small hose so you can control the it a little easier.