white things on tank glass

nckissmrt

my tank has been set up for roughly 8 months. ii'm starting to got alot of algae growth and its really cool, but... last week i noticed some white spots on the glass of my tank thinking it was just some more algae i didnt think anything of it then yesterday when i was putting in a feww new snails i looked a little more closely at the spots. the look like little white spirals and they range any where for the size of a pin head to about a milimeter in diameter. they also have a clear ish muth looking thing that they can retract. they seem to be multiplying pretty fast. so ineed to know what they are and if they're good or bad . if i need to get rid of them how. thanks a lot in advance.

snipe

They are a type of filter feeder I have them. Dont worrie about them just remove them when you scrape the glass they spread and spread fast they do. I can clean the glass and a week later there all over it. They will probly deplete after some nutrients are gone. They are really neat but are one of the worst and multipling. THERE EVERYWERE they even atach to the rocks and the equipment.

T

tizzo

spirorbidae worms. Like Snipe said, harmless filter feeders.
Real pretty up close.:D

snipe

That is them. I have no short supplie of them I scrape and scrape and scrape and then there back again.