who eat's these?

manger

Who eat's these. They are small colonial brown duster worms that live in calcerous tubes. they are kind of pretty but I think they have begun to grow out of control. They place a high calcium demand on my tank so it is hard to keep even Ca levels. I also think they may be stinging corals. i would like to limit their growth and spreading or eliminate them entirely. would blast them, but too many and in odd places.

manger

manual removal is very difficult. when i try, the worm receeds into its tube, when i rip off tube it cracks and thousands of little bits fly into the tank, and it seems this aids in their reproduction.

those are not worms at all actaully, they are hydroids. This is one of the developmental stages of jelly fish. And unfortunatley they are very tough to get rid of. I have them in my tank and havent had any problems yet. Some limpets apparently eat them but none that I have in my tank.
If you try to use a toothbrush, make sure you have a syphon attached to it as they spread in the same fasion as aptaisa. Any little piece can start a new colony.

jmesmcm

If the rock is easy to take out remove the rock and grind them off. I used a makita grinder with a flex wheel on it to remove them and then put the rock back in the tank. No I have no more hydroids and the coraline has overgrown where I ground them off so you cannot even tell they were ever there.