Who has peppermint shrimp?

wocka

i have a few aiptasia i want to get pepp shrimp to take care of, how many people have them? can u give me a review on urs because i have heard stories of them eating away at soft corals. i only have shrooms, sea mat, and some button polyps. thanks

dueces

I have about 6 in my 46g tank. They're awesome!
I had antipsia all over my tank. It took them alittle while but they ate all of it. I also used joe's juice which worked even better. i would recommend using both joes's juice and shrimp to kill it. I'm not sure if pep's eat other corals but I have shrooms and they were fine.

wocka

alright coo. i think ill get 2. i only have a few aiptasia but they keep coming back. ive tried kalk,boiling water but not joes juice

meadbhb

Hiya,
I had a few aiptisa in my 37 gallon and bought one. He took care of them. Now I've got three and they're a hoot! No problems with them eating corals. Usually those are camel shrimp that cause coral issues.
Meadbhb

dueces

if you have only a couple get shrimp because even if more come then they'll take care of them. I haven't had any in months.
If your concerned about your corals get joe's juice. it kills them on contact. check out there website......I had one so big it tried to eat a small Pep!!!
I have recommemded using both to other friends and it has worked.

tigerlover

Peppermint shrimp usually won't eat corals, its the camelbacks(add brighter color and a hump on the back to see it)

wocka

alright i went to the lfs and got another firefish and 1 peppermint shrimp.. acclimating them now, i wanna see him tear apart this aiptasia.. ill try to snap a picture of it :D