Who has the most amount of fish compared to the size of the tank?

jon321

What about this tank? 2000 gallons, 300 fish. Including THREE queen angels, TWO 18"+ french angels, TWO 12"+ sohal tangs, and easily half a dozen powder blue tangs. Its the display tank of a popular fishfood manufacturer and Ive always thought it was horrible.

Jon

emmitt2

Ashamed to admit it but at the beginning of the year in my 36g i had:
1 Hippo tang
1 convict blenny
1 Midas blenny
1 Clownfish
1 Small catfish
1 pygmy angel
1 diamond goby
1 hawkfish
There was no possible way to keep my nitrates below 80-100 with all of them no matter how many water changes i did. A skimmer didnt really help either so I got rid of all but the 1st four. The hippo will go into my 180 which will hopefully be up after New Year. I'd like to get the convict into the 180 also but noway without tearing the entire tank apart to get him.
Bangguy, can you post some more pics of your breeding tanks? I remember you posting some other amazing breeding tank pics earlier this year
p.s.- Jon, that is ALOT of tangs!!!!! :scared: What state is that store in?

jon321

Ya, haha, do the math, 2000g/300fish= 1 fish per 6.7g!!!! And some of those fish could easily be 20"! I have never seen it in person, only on the store webpage, I assume its up here in Canada.
Jon

charles_20

It seems that in Hong Kong, the fish stores are extra stocked.

and the tanks that people keep are a little more crowded.

I just wish the fish stores here had these prices and selection.
Just passing these pic's alone, I have no connection....
Charles

xdave

@ Bang Guy, what happens if you separate the ones that maintain that color, will some of those then change? I'm asking because they may just be remaining immature like they would in nature where only 1 male and 1 female in a group will mature.
@Jon321, I misspoke, they would only be a variation like picasso clowns, and not actually a species.

bang guy

Originally Posted by xDave
@ Bang Guy, what happens if you separate the ones that maintain that color, will some of those then change? I'm asking because they may just be remaining immature like they would in nature where only 1 male and 1 female in a group will mature.
These fish are sold faster than I can grow them. The feedback I get is that about 1/2 end up looking like the male and the other half end up looking like the female.

drea

i have;
a blue hippo, purple, kole
two percs
2 neons in a 75 all are doing very well, 0 nitrates :cheer:
(i do not reccomend this)
and yes when they get to like 6 inches each they will be flushed.........
jk

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
10 gallon with 50 - 60 Clownfish:
that looks awesome

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by charles_20
It seems that in Hong Kong, the fish stores are extra stocked.

and the tanks that people keep are a little more crowded.

I just wish the fish stores here had these prices and selection.
Just passing these pic's alone, I have no connection....
Charles
the first third and fourth pics are actually really cool even though they are over stocked but the triggers and tangs are amazing :happyfish i also heard they heavely stock tanks in japan and places like that