Who makes the best Protein Skimmers?

osueyedoc

A long time freshwater aquarist, i'm finally setting up my first marine tank. I've read several books and researched for the past few months so i wouldn't make the mistakes a few of my friends have made. Where i'm at now in my planning is buying equipment and it's time to buy a skimmer. However, when it comes to buying equipment all of the manufacturer's marketing and local fish store advise gets muddled.
I'm using a 75 gallon display tank, and plan on going in-sump with a 30 gallon long tank. I've discussed several brands with the local shop guys (one recommended a berlin venturi, the other said a CPR S4 is better?) but wanted more expansive advice. I'm looking for a reliable and efficient model from a company known for availability, service, and expertise.
I appreciate all input. Also, since i'm new at this, if you have any other advice/cautions with my planned setup don't hesitate to notify me

P

puffygrrl

I have an 80 gallon tall tank that I have a CPR Bak-Pak 2R Skimmer on. After some bubbles the first week the thing is working like a charm. I get a container full of dark green protein out everyday. Swwweeettttt.:D

richard rendos

Euro-reef. Probably a CS6-1 or CS6-2 for your size tank. Easy to setup and maintain...very quiet and very powerful.
Here is my CS8-1...I am using it on a 120 gallon SPS dominated reef.

and a CS5-2 on a customer's tank...