Who plays disc golf?

sigmachris

I played a lot in the late 90s and just picked it up again this summer. Fun game, a little exercise, and potentially challenging courses if you can find them. Great for kids if you are looking for something to do with them. I take my 3 year old, he really isn't playing but he tosses the disc (specialized frisbee) and tries to keep up.
Usually its free to play, maybe a $3 donation to the park it all depends on the property. Discs are about $10 a pop and that is usually your biggest expense. You can get away with an all in one disc, but if you get addicted you will be buying a driver, putter, and fairway disc. Every disc has a different flight pattern and distance, which makes it fun to shape your shots around trees and dog legs.

ruaround

i play 2 to 5 times a week during the spring and summer... i havent been able to play for about a month... but once winter is here i will go atleast once a week... we have 3 Public courses here and one private that are within 10 miles... then there is 3 at the ski resorts around the state...
$10 a disc??? thats cheap and only if you want pro plastic... i only throw Champion or Star plastic and pretty much only Innova Discs... i do use a Ching JuJu Putter though... i carry 21 discs in my bag...

ruaround

Originally Posted by SigmaChris
http:///forum/post/2806098
Wow, 21 discs...I only carry 3 but I am looking to add a few more and get a bag.
you gotta carry a variety of stabilities and distances... so you can fly straight, heiser, anheiser or helix through whatever the course deals to you... i have 12 drivers, 7 midrange/fairway drivers and 2 putters...