Who wants to ID?

nm reef

...I was going thru some recent photos and found this little item.....about the size of a silver dollar in size...who wants to offer up a ID?
I believe I know what it is but I was wanting to hear the opinions of y'all.....I'd also be interested in C&C on the photo itself....

dogstar

I would say some type of encrusting sponge. Maybe Myxilla lacunosa or simular....Photo looks good.

sebae09

If its a seasquirt it will have 2 holes one for takeing in water and one for expelling it. Is this in your tank NM reef?

nm reef

I'm not great at accurate ID's...but I'm thinking it uis either some srt of tunicate or possibly a sponge.
I have several of the same sort of speciman in my refugium and diplay. I think they are interesting ... most folks overlook this type speciman but they can be found in the majority of systems I've ever seen.

nm reef

Originally Posted by Dogstar
This so you can compare the critter and another photo for quality. Deleat if you need to play link police.....haha
http://www.seaotter.com/marine/resea...nicea.jpg.html

I don't "play link police"...if a link is in violation of forum policy I delete it and if the member insists on repeat violations I refer them for removal...foolish games bore me.
The reference you provided is accurate...informative...and as I understand current policy it is not in violation.

dogstar

Its was said as a joke, thus the " haha ". I did not mean to offend...
Sorry, it was not ment to be personal. The policy can be/is confusing to many and sometimes I even wonder if I should/can post certain links or not.

whackamole

lol im with him. thats exactly what mine look like. im compaing the boogers now... yup same thing.
Id have 2 go with sea squirt