who wants xenias?

commie

what started off as 1 stalk has taken over 1 quarter of my 75 tank...I can't get rid of them...Nobody wants them, and don't want to flush them down the toilet...

B

bt_1999_66

If you are willing to ship, then please furnish e-mail address to get details...! :D

ebeckels

Originally posted by Kris Walker:
<strong>Darn, I wish I lived in Toronto! Canadians rock! Oh, and they can skate well too! :)
kris</strong><hr></blockquote>
DITTO!

ebeckels

oh, and by the way, I'm only in Syracuse, NY...they would be fine if you wanna ship them to me...I'll pay you for all shipping charges plus something extra for ur trouble if u'd like.
EBeckels@aol.com

kris walker

I smell an auction coming. :)
I wonder if the new SWF.com auction site will (or already does) allow members to auction off something.
kris

jedimaster

No email addy, mine is vinceyon@hotmail.com,
send me the details I'll take em. Did I mention I would love to have em?

josh

Hi,
Well I also have plenty of this weed to get rid of if anyone is in the metro St. Louis area. Mine also started as 3 stalks and last I counted it's up to around 10 and reaching toward the top of the tank in less than 2 months. I think maybe not having a skimmmer is the key for these guys, but as I said if anyone wants any and is in the area then it's yours, if not then I guess it's going to the LFS. Sorry I don't ship :(
-Josh-

piscesblue

Hey josh, I'm in KC and might be able to drive down to St Louis on for the weekend. Would you be interested in some red or blue shrooms? I can't get these guys to quit splitting. 1 problem, I would need to remove them from a rock and not sure how to go about this.

josh

Pisces:
Sure if you want to make the drive I would be happy to give them to another reefer, how many you want :) Don't worry about the shrooms if it's going to be an ordeal, no biggie. Anyway, I work some weekends, however I am off this one and next weekend ( I have plans for next Sunday but next Sat is cool ) just shoot me an email. For some reason these guys just took off in my tank, all my other corals are growing well, but these guys are almost to weed proportions. email : jrt45@hotmail.com
-Josh-

Man someone around the Alabama area having this kind of dilemna. I'd love to take some things off of someone's hands. Wouldn't hurt my feelings none. How are you guys getting that stuff to spread so quickly?

josh

Chevron:
Honestly I don't know, like I said I don't have a skimmer, so that helps beings these guys are great nutrient exporters. It is pretty cool to watch them go up the rock, they grow the "sucker things" on the side of the stalk and up they go - splitting almost every day or so. Just lucky with them I guess, I shouldn't jenx it. Anyway, too bad you don't live closer or didn't cost so much to send them properly. Oh well . . .
-Josh-

kris walker

Yea, I think the key are nutrients (proteins, lipids, etc) as mentioned. If you don't want to get rid of you skimmer, you might try Kent's Coral Accel. I stopped using it for some period of time, thinking it wasn't needed, and my xenia hands have gotten skimmpier. When I was using it, they were lushious (sp?) and full. I haven't have them long enough to split yet, but they are in the process of doing it now.
kris

fishymissy

If anyone in the Tampa Bay area has this same "problem", I would be willing to help out! :D
I wish I lived closer to the Canadian border, and yes, I agree with everyone else in the whole entire world (with the exception of Russia), your skaters got ripped off at the games! :mad: