who's the best?

gregvabch

i'm looking to buy a better skimmer for my 55. had my eye on the berlin turbo classic but i wanted to see if anyone else had any words of wisdom on which skimmer would be the best buy. i'm running a seaclone 100 right now and im not too impressed. for the money, is the berlin turbo classic my best bet?

E

elan

i am heading the advice on many here and saving up for a euro-reef skimmer... look into that one.. expensive, but i never heard anything bad being said about them.. only good stuff.

brewercm

I like my Berlin Turbo, but I appear to be in the minority hear. Mine was the classic originally that I didn't care for having to take down to clear the venturi all the time, the turbo takes care of that problem since the venturi is removed and air is pushed in from the pump.
I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about the Euro-Reefs, if you have the money it would probably be well worth the investment. I picked up my Berlin as part of the wet/dry that I had purchased as a great deal.

cogreywolf

I have the Euro-reef knockoff skimmer, made by Jeff's Exotic Fish. This is the Southbay CS6-1. So far, I think it is a decent skimmer, but I think if I could do it over again, I would have bought the Euro-reef CS6-1. The difference being the connection from the pump to the skimmer. Euro-reef's is molded to the skimmer, while Jeff's is a rubber piece that kinda slides into the skimmer. This rubber piece allows water to escape and then my pumps put these tiny bubbles back into my tank. Go with Euro-Reef.
On a side note, I also had very good luck with the Red Sea Prizm Hang-on skimmer. :)

wamp

I too like the red sea berlin, but I have never used the euro-reef so my experience is based on what I have used.

gregvabch

think i'm gonna stick with the berlin turbo classic for now, but i appreciate all the advice. i had looked at the euro reefs and the price tags they carry and i was curious if they were worth it or not, thanks for clearing that up for me too.

jtroutine

I have heard that the berlin skimmers arent the greatest skimmers you could do a search. I have heard this on many boards. Check a remora I here they are kick-... This is my next choice. Just my .02!