Why I DONT buy from SWF.com

jasenhicks

The moderation team here is way too overbearing and absurd. If they cant support Local Reef Clubs and contests that DONT affect them in any way, I cant buy here. Absurd, just because i posted about our local clubs contest for a new logo... shame on the moderators.
Jasen

team2jndd

lol I dont intend to be rude but swf.com also provides this message board. If you are just going to sit here and flame this site perhaps its time you find a new one? I for one accredit all my success in this hobby to this forum which if FREE. Absurd would be biting the hand that feeds you.

fedukeford

thats no reason to not buy from SWF.com, personally i think the moderators are GREAT, but also they have nothing to do with SWF.com, and SWF.com has pretty much nothing to do with these boards except for hosting them, ive heard their livestock is GREAT

hot883

The mods here have NOTHING to do with the store. They are simply following directions from the forum owner. It's the policy; don't like it, don't use the forum.

jasenhicks

They put the mods in charge. And I dont intend to use the boards anymore. Ill be happy at Reef Central, and Tidewater Reefers. I'm just amazed that they would let the mods go off and delete posts, especially posts that could bring a whole group of people to buy from their online store by showing they support the little reef clubs... but they dont, so i wont buy from here. The link to this website on our website has definately been deleted, will it matter,probably not... but it could have.
Jasen

team2jndd

there are rules to the forum. If you read them before signing up than you would understand that the mods are just doing what they are supposed to. Ive been to many forums and this is by far the best and the mods are the ones who keep it that way.

alyssia

Originally Posted by team2jndd
there are rules to the forum. If you read them before signing up than you would understand that the mods are just doing what they are supposed to. Ive been to many forums and this is by far the best and the mods are the ones who keep it that way.

Exactly! The mods are doing their jobs!

pontius

I agree with team2jndd. if you don't want to buy from swf, that's fine. but don't use their free message board to air your grievances, just find somewhere else.

poniegirl

Originally Posted by JasenHicks
The moderation team here is way too overbearing and absurd. If they cant support Local Reef Clubs and contests that DONT affect them in any way, I cant buy here. Absurd, just because i posted about our local clubs contest for a new logo... shame on the moderators.
Jasen
The moderators probably really don't enjoy when they are bound by the rules to close anything.
Thank you Mods, we know it's not a perfect curl on your end.

dogstar

"" You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. ""
Thats from YOUR site..........

schneidts

Originally Posted by Dogstar
"" You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. ""
Thats from YOUR site..........

:hilarious

hot883

Originally Posted by Mimzy
it's so wonderful to see everyone coming together :joy:
Mimzy, it is so wonderful for all of us to come together to say "Bye Jasen"

mimzy

Originally Posted by hot883
Mimzy, it is so wonderful for all of us to come together to say "Bye Jasen"

Here here! Whatever the front, at least we're united against it! :joy:

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Jasen, you can post Reef Club information [minus links to other Bulletin Boards] here
As has been said, the terms of agreement at SWF.com includes no links to other forums or selling sites.
Anyway, you are welcome to stay with the understanding of abiding by forum rules, but if you decide to leave, please do it without any further disparaging posts about this site.