why is my computer chirping at me?

seasalt101

just what is in the title it just started doin this 2 or 3 days ago, did jenny possibly download something to make this happen, she is at work or i would ask her, nothing in the bar at the bottom when this happens i'm confused...tobin

groupergenius

Originally Posted by seasalt101
just what is in the title it just started doin this 2 or 3 days ago, did jenny possibly download something to make this happen, she is at work or i would ask her, nothing in the bar at the bottom when this happens i'm confused...tobin
Crickets.
Well, you are in Texas.

sepulatian

weatherbug chirps. If you have a popup blocker then you would not see the pop up alert.

groupergenius

Only thing I can think of is either the CPU fan, power pack fan, cd or dvd reader/burner, floppy, or hard drive. Not a whole lot of moving parts in there.

meleerock

Originally Posted by sepulatian
weatherbug chirps. If you have a popup blocker then you would not see the pop up alert.
I agree, if it is coming out of your speakers it is definitly a watherbug. The problem is, I dont know how to fix it for you.....
I had it in pc once but my uncle cleaned it out.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by MeleeRock
I agree, if it is coming out of your speakers it is definitly a watherbug. The problem is, I dont know how to fix it for you.....
I had it in pc once but my uncle cleaned it out.
Weatherbug is a program that gives updates on storms in your area. If a storm is comming then it chirps. It sounds like a cricket.

seasalt101

i don't have weatherbug on my computer, my brother has it on his and it annoys the heck out of me, thats why i don't have it and it sounds like a door closing afterwards at least the last time it did...tobin

seasalt101

jenny is home now she said the door sound was aim somekind of instant messenger but the chirping is still a mystery...tobin

ruaround

have you run it through an automatic car wash??? do you leave your AC on, as in not turning it off before you turn your car off???

seasalt101

Originally Posted by ruaround
have you run it through an automatic car wash??? do you leave your AC on, as in not turning it off before you turn your car off???
lately i have been, but i just started turning it off at night, i was under the impression that you were supposed to leave them on, i'm a computer idiot but still learning...tobin

autofreak44

actually its my instant messenger lol but jenny never signs out so every time i come on the computer sounds like a fire alarm is going off (3 beeps right?)
IT WAS MEEEE!!!!!!

ruaround

lately i have been, but i just started turning it off at night, i was under the impression that you were supposed to leave them on, i'm a computer idiot but still learning...tobin
lol... i was jokin tobin... when a car starts chirping that is typically the answer...
seriously though, it could be that your fan is outta wack... or like the others said an instant messanger of some sort...