why is my LR squirting?

stonedage

so i keep seeing what i thought was just poo in one spot of my LR but for the last todays i have seen this stuff coming out of my LR. it is very tiny tan coloured bits and it is squirting out of a very small hole a few peices at a time. some sits on the LR some of it becomes waterbourne, any ideas at all? thanx
SA

bambam_250r

I have a peanut worm ( I think ) or 3 of them actually that come out at night and feed. They leave a nice pile of poop everyday.

bruder

I had a mini-brittle star in my LR that used to do this. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but if you are worried you can do a water change.

stonedage

im not so much worried about the poop, but what is inside of the little hole spitting it out, i watched it for about 20mins the other day
SA

T

tizzo

It's most likely a clam. They "squirt" polluted water out...

stonedage

ok this is the best i can do, here it is in action, see the 4 little sausage shaped tan things in the middle? thats is flying out, just i little below that is a very black hole thats "its hole" not the jaged well lit hole, the cave right above that one, notice the pile on its doorstep? and more spilled all over the rocks below? Its funny to see in action, when it is happening there are like 10 peices flying out about every 20 seconds for a few minutes.

SA

rykna

Well...stick your finger in and find out!
Or take the rock out and give it a fresh water dip....should cause what ever is in there to come out.