Why Is My Tank So Cloudy!

j-j_02

its driving me insane.
. i dn know wat to do. i jus did a water change and still nothing. at the top of the wter there is like these particles very very close to eachother. there tiny, its kinda like dust. PLEASE HELP ME!

gwiley

I too recently started a 12g nano and it has been cloudy now for three days. It only has ls and lr about 12lbs of each. there also seems to be some sort of really odd smell, have no idea if this as any coalition to it being cloudy.

gwiley

No it has been out of water for two years. I just recently started again in the hobby. So as of now it is just base rock. i have however placed a few pieces of LR at the top to seed the rest.

monalisa

I've also noticed in my seahorse tank after doing a water change, a day or two later the water becomes "milky" looking for a couple of days, then crystal clear until the carbon is replaced again. It's been suggested to me to be sure to rinse the carbon inserts before putting them into the filter. I haven't replaced the inserts since, but will be soon. I'm hoping it's going to work. Could this be happening after replacing your carbon?
Lisa