Why is the little giant 3 series more expensive than a quiet one 6000?

vivioo7

Ive been looking to get a quiet one 6000 to replace my little giant 3 non x. the little giant is rated for 700 gph and costs 140 while the quiet one is rated for 1506gph and costs 90 and is submersable? why is the quiet one cheaper?

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by vivioo7
http:///forum/post/3092280
Ive been looking to get a quiet one 6000 to replace my little giant 3 non x. the little giant is rated for 700 gph and costs 140 while the quiet one is rated for 1506gph and costs 90 and is submersable? why is the quiet one cheaper?
I have a little giant on my 120. It's loud, but it gets the job done. I have a RIO pump on my 125...don't remember the GPH, but it does the job just as well, and not quite as loud, and I don't think I paid over or near 100 for it. Been about 2 years now and no problems so far %%. I would like to say it is a quality issue...but that is not what I have found. I do like that the little giant that I have is an inline, vs my RIO which is submersible...just takes up that much more space in my already crowed wet/dry.

pezenfuego

Quiet ones are cheaper but imo excellent. I looked into three pumps mainly. A pondmaster, which for 80 bucks pumped 250 gph. I looked into a catalina (which is crap, I know from experience) that was 450 gph for 55 dollars. The quiet one (the one I purchased...which I knew from experience before was a pretty good brand) was 581 gph and 45 dollars.
Why? I don't quite know...
The most expensive one pumped less than half for twice as much. Who knows%%