Why the ban?

nacl freak

May I respectfully ask why the ban on candycane? He has had nothing but sound advice for us hobbiest, not to mention his extensive knowledge of clam husbandrey.

rebelprettyboy

+1 if he is banned? I thought it usually said banned under their name if they did and it isnt under his. If so that sucks cuz I wanted to see how things worked with him tryin to breed some tangs and angels

nigerbang

Im guessing, since he was selling them online as a business that would make him a competitior to SWF. we cant even post links to Local Reef Clubs because they have sponsers that could take away from their business...Its all in that little box people dont read when they check that they understand the rules to become a member.
As far as some of the threads I read of his..He was in the wrongs and had prolly been warned a few times.. we dont just ban at the drop of a hat..

rebelprettyboy

Hes been selling the clams on here for a while now though. First they said he couldnt unless im worng and he stopped then they said he could...

that is a lost though

nigerbang

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2738411
Hes been selling the clams on here for a while now though. First they said he couldnt unless im worng and he stopped then they said he could...

that is a lost though
He was still trying to sell them 5 days ago, then had a post around 3pm about they size of the ones he was selling..
Dont feel to bad.. I have seen MODS banned

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by NigerBang
http:///forum/post/2738415
He was still trying to sell them 5 days ago, then had a post around 3pm about they size of the ones he was selling..
Dont feel to bad.. I have seen MODS banned
Now FLRic cant sell his rics either and zoas?

He was allowed to sell them 5 days ago as far as I know.

nigerbang

I think it might be in the volume that one sells...If your main goal on here is to sell, I can see that being a problem, but something every now and then shouldnt post a problem

spiderwoman

Just my $0.02 worth, but the ban of CC and not allowing FLRic to sell is just wrong. Both contribute to the site and provide invaluable information to us hobbyist.

kevin34

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2738687
Just my $0.02 worth, but the ban of CC and not allowing FLRic to sell is just wrong. Both contribute to the site and provide invaluable information to us hobbyist.
you said it!

hellathafish

If you are not allowed to sell then take the classified section off here or at least the Live Selling & Trading section out. Seeing that is what that is for.

whyamisofl

Said it before, I will say it again
Originally Posted by whyamisofl
http:///forum/post/2738880
Wow, F'in ridiculous!
I have never delt with Mike, but I watch what he sells and my jaw hits the floor everytime. What a load of BS.
What the hell happened to CandyCane? I talk to him all the time about clams.......wtf swf???? I have a feeling you are losing MANY customers over this and should SERIOUSLY rethink your current position.
/rant

1journeyman

Folks, as many of you know we do not allow the discussion of bans.
Now, I have not seen any notice from SWF that either of these members has been banned. There is a deleted thread from CC where he talks about not being allowed to sell anymore. He then goes into a topic that got the thread deleted by one of the other Mods.
Everyone needs to remember that the forum is here for our community. The rules are clearly stated in the forums as to what is allowed. I personally brought up CC to Admin months ago as I felt he was running a business and therefore should not be allowed to use the "sell/trade" section of the forums. Admin disagreed with me at that point. If they have now asked CC to quit selling in that particular forum I certainly understand that decision.
They were not banned for selling.... If CC is indeed banned its due to either continuing to vilolate the rules after Admin asked them to stop or else there was a behind the scenes conversation we all are uaware of.