why?????????

jerl77

why is it someone was always something bad to say.i am on a other message board and someone all ways have something bad to say about everthing.didnt your mother tell you if you dont have any thing nice to say dont say it.came to the message board never a problem.people nice and helpful. mabey the world would be a better place if people just keep there months shut.what do you think?

renogaw

sorry, but if someone is doing something really stupid, and the fish/coral/inverts are going to die because of it, darn right i'm going to say something. what would be better, someone be told they are doing something wrong, or people just nodding their heads saying yup yup do that.

kevin mcrae

You don't have to be rude or mean when telling someone they are doing something wrong.
People act a lot different on computers then they would in person, mostly because someone can't hurt you on a computer.

geoj

What did they call it ??? To instigate an argument and then sit back and watch. Some mods will weed out people like this and some won’t.

spiderwoman

Well, it's kind of like this... if you don't have a thick skin and you go and post something stupid that you did, be prepared to receive all types of responses. On some message boards everybody will pat you in the back and agree no matter what you do... do you learn anything from it, NO. If you don't want people to give you direct answers, then only post on sites where you hear what you want people to tell you.
There are many ways to deliver the answer, unnecessary rudeness is not nice.
Just my $0.02 worth

its true that people are a lot more rude over the internet, but most people are just trying to tell you whats best. you have to understand that there are some people who will know more about every swf subject than you or me. its important to take their advice when it is given.

M

markeo99

just think of how many people you meet everyday that are just jerks they prob use the computer to

spanko

I also think that it is hard to convey emotion with the written word. Sometimes you get an honest answer to a question and the person is not being mean but it sounds like it to you as you read it.

spiderwoman

Then there are a few who are on this board just to be rude and disruptive to everybody. They get a kick out of stirring the pot and causing arguments.

mr_x

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2725611
I also think that it is hard to convey emotion with the written word. Sometimes you get an honest answer to a question and the person is not being mean but it sounds like it to you as you read it.
agreed. i've gotten into jams before because of this. btw..spanko...you suck...in a good way.

na..seriously though...it is extremely hard to type emotion. i am somewhat sarcastic in real time. my friends know when i say things lke "loser" and stuff, it's all in jest. if i typer loser here...i'll get spanked(no pun intended).
maybe this is the case. where is the crazy thread?

nordy

Well, yeah, some people are rude. Actually a lot of people are indeed rude but after being on a couple of other boards I have found that SWF.com people are generally much nicer, helpful, and generally well, nice. I think it's because most of us are eager to share our knowledge and help others who may be just starting in the hobby we love or struggling with a problem. Some people, and I am one of them, may sound like know it alls sometimes when we are really trying to help someone and some people may take offense when being told that they are doing something bad. It doesn't bother me at all and the really rude and antagonistic people (those with those 580 gal tanks!) usually don't return.
I have to say that overall, most people are not rude, and those that are, if I can't win them over then I just leave them alone to live in their own little world.

jerryatrick

Originally Posted by Kevin McRae
http:///forum/post/2725498
You don't have to be rude or mean when telling someone they are doing something wrong.
People act a lot different on computers then they would in person, mostly because someone can't hurt you on a computer.
Right on.... It is kind of like when a guy drinks a lot of beer and people say he has beer muscles. Guys some how some way get a lot tougher after a few drinks. It is even easier to mouth off on the internet.
Some of you out there though need to pick up sarcasm as a second language because it is often misunderstood. Can't be so serious all the time.