why's my clown so twitchy?

pcircle85

Water params are good, he's been in the tank for almost a week, and presently he's just treading water near the top, twitching around in circles. Kinda like a dog that has an unreachable itch.
Ammonia is 0
Nitrite is 0
Nitrate is 5
Calcium is ~380
dKH is 10
phosphate is 0

V

veeraj87

hey you have a 10g hex? sorry this has nothing to do with teh twitch, but how long did it take u to cycle, i hve a 10 g hex as well but my nitrites wont seem to come down, its been over 4 weeks now, and i got a clown in there hes doing alright, but i want to see that go down soon, my nirates are at lik 5 to 10... just did a 30% water change two days ago gonna wait a week to see how the levels change, but wht filter u running, i see that u got a custom lighting fixture on top, it looks lik i have the same tank top fin??? not sure though if you could let me knw the details that would be great.... thanks

monkdaily

Veeraj87
if u havent finished the cycle i suggest against the water change u might start a new cycle. the cycle can be from 4weeks to 8 weeks the is no deff. time table. and i would suggest no fish during the cycle u r dramatically cutting short the life of the fish.

V

veeraj87

yea i know i made a terrible mistake ... i can take them anywhere LFS wont take them back... but the ammonia is 0 now and the nitrite is dropping by the day... so hopefully i am on the verge of being done... the little dude is hangin in there