wierd things going on with brain

J

jupoc911

can anyone identify what this stringy ball is on my brain. Is it tissure growth? I hope he isnt going to kick the bucket. :scared: It kind of looks like a linkia when it loses flesh, however no flesh appears to missing. It looks like it is comming from where the sweeper tenticles come out of.
water paramerts:
Alk- 8.6 Dkh
Calcium- 420
SG- 35 ppt
Nitrates-0
Temp- 80

jlm

Mine used to do that every so often and I always thought it was some kind of sore spot but it was usually fine after a few days.

J

jupoc911

it appears so. Not sure what though.
Fish:
Perc
Yellow Tang
Mandarin
Engineer Goby
Inverts:
LTA
Hermits
Conchs
Snails
Cleaner Shrimp
:thinking:

jlm

well the only thing I would think of out of that list is the crabs. Do they walk on it? I guess a shrimp could do that if if pinches it. Maybe when they are trying to steal food from it. Or if something is taking food from it after it has a good hold on it it could cause it to tear tissue. In that case it could be the yellow tang. I have to feed my fish the same time I feed my corals or they take it right from them.

J

jupoc911

i will definitly watch. I also just moved the brain to the other side of the tank. Still looks healthy though, just a ton of cotton balls. The shrimp never leaves the anemone. so i think it may be the crabs. I wonder if it could happen as the walk on it. maybe they puncture the skin. The brain was also pretty beat up when I first got it. Maybe it is healing all it's wounds that it had at once? What do you think?

jlm

just dont stress it to much and keep feeding it meaty food. I bet it will heal up good.

J

jupoc911

Alk- 8.6 Dkh
Calcium- 420
SG- 35 ppt
Nitrates-0
Temp- 80
nitrite- 0
dont even have an ammonia test. Everything slese in the tank seems fine.