wierd worm / creature

@knight

I'm having trouble trying to ID a worm that pops out of some tonga branch rock durring feeding. It comes out of a hole and either wiggles thru the water or slithers on the rock. I have seen about 3 in of it. It looks like a piece of 50 lb. clear fishing line. I know it is alive, because any motion around it will cause him to reflex back into the hole. He's interesting but wierd. Any clues anyone?

@knight

not everyone at once now, dont wanna overload the server! :)
i know this is a petty question, just wondering if things like this are common. theres a bunch of them that poke up durring feeding.

@knight

not a bristle worm, it is clear and has no bristles. and is smaller and can extend 5" or more.
But yes, I can say bristleworm. I have a few of them.

broomer5

If you only see the one end of it, it may be a Spaghetti worm. They live in rock and have some pretty long tentacles, sort of clearish white.
Just a guess ...
Brian :confused:

@knight

broomer5,
youre right on the money, i didnt think they were harmful, they were just cool and wanted to know what they were, ive got a bunch of them.
thanks,aaron

broomer5

@knight,
sounds familiar
I got several tube worms and spaghetti worms that come out of my LR as well.
Wild to watch, tentacles sort of sweep the area looking for bits of food. Every now and then they latch on to something and pull it back down the tube/hole.
Just another critter that adds to the diversity ;)