Wii

S

surfinusa

I have a few questions about the wii. Since my b-day is in 2 days my parents gave me a few ideas and one of them was a wii. Who else has wii's and how do they preform ? Is it anything like the commercials ? What built in games does it have ? Can you design your own character ? And tell me any other things that i might have missed. I need to know as much as possible before i get one.
Thanks.

shogun323

My buddy has one and I now want one too!!! It comes with. Bowling, Tennis, Boxing, Golf, and Baseball. It's performance is a amzing and yes you can design your own character. I have a profile at his house that we have tweaked to look just like me. Wii's are a blast!!!!

windmill

I've had my Wii for almost 6 months now. No problems or complaints to report. It does take a little while to get the hang of how certain games receive data from the wiimote though.
Like shogun said - it comes with the sports pack which is great for learning how to play. And you can customize a characters appearance, from what I can tell, you can make your own town of "Mii"s if you want.
It uses a sensor bar you have to put on the top or bottom of your TV and one Wiimote. You'll want to buy a Nunchuk at the minimum, you'll need it for other games and the boxing on Sports. Also I'd suggest buying Wii Play ASAP as it's a great game with more fun mini-games and comes with a "free" wiimote.
It's fun to play by yourself, but much much more fun multiplayer. So a collection of Wiimotes and nunchuks wouldn't hurt. Also, the controllers use "AA" batteries, so get a stockpile of those or some rechargables.
Have fun with it once you get it. And remember to use that wrist strap!

happyvac

PROS
-Uncomplicated
-Nintendo franchises
-You usually play standing up/moving around (not lying on the couch)
-Great party/friends system
-Cheap
CONS
-Worst graphics for this generation (but not horrible)
-"Kiddy" reputation (on the other hand, Manhunt 2 and Resident Evil's coming out soon)
-Doesn't always have games released on other systems
-Controllers are expensive
-No online mode
Personally, I think it's a great system and don't regret my purchase.

toggil

I love my wii, and online gaming starts this summer. A new pokemon game coming out this month that will have online capability and I'm sure lots more will soon follow.

N

nereef

i would recemmend a wii over a ps3 and 360. when you play zelda twilight princess, you will be amazed. online is coming, that is why they keep delaying the release of the new smash brothers. fall linup will be new smash, mario galaxies, new metroid, need i say more. also: download nes games for $5, snes and sega for $8, n64 for $10, turbografix for $6.

cowfishrule

the wii rocks.
the games are simplistic, but thats part of the hook.
they are much harder and more gooder because you have to physically move around to play them.
i was a h8r when i first saw the ads for it... until i tried it.
def worth the investment.
definatly something to whip out during a party.

windmill

The difficulty depends on the game. Of course a game like Zelda or Sports will be easy to get into with an simple learning curve. But a game like Call of Duty or Farcry will really put you to the test. Not only are they difficult games alone, but you have to learn how to use the wiimote and nunchuk to do stuff in the game. It sounds simple to point at the screen and shoot someone, sometimes it is, but a full blown firefight will leave you flailing the wiimote spinning in circles yelling at the TV trying to figure out what's going on and who's shooting you.
For FPS fans, Call of Duty on the Wii is a completely different experience that will leave you questioning your skills on those other wimpy consoles with not-as or not at all interactive controllers.

bronco300

we just got a wii for a gift a couple days ago, i love it...football took a little while getting used to having to actually "throw" the ball instead of just pushing a button....zelda is a great game thats for sure....hopefully transformers will be a great game, have it on preorder.